This is a super quick and easy way to make delicious, light lemon curd that pairs perfectly with my lemon macarons:
MAKES: 1 1/2 cups
– 3 large eggs / 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks / 6 egg yolks
– 120g (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
– 1 tbsp lemon zest
– 120ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice (roughly 2-3 lemons)
– 56g (1/4 cup) butter
1) In a sauce pan or in a double boiler, place eggs, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Cook on moderate heat whisking constantly until mixture thickens (roughly 10 minutes). It is ready when it coats the back of a wooden spoon and leaves a clear trail when you run your finger along it
2) Remove from the heat and strain through a sieve immediately. Whisk in the butter until homogenous.
3) Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap making sure it is touching the lemon curd (to avoid a skin forming). Refrigerate for at least 1 hour but overnight is best.