These muffins are just bursting with a bright, tangy delicious lemon curd!
I’m finally back in Vietnam! School starts in about 2 days, and I’m pretty sure I’m the only one whose sorta excited. I mean, the sense of restlessness is unbearable – I need something to do! Most of the time I bake to occupy my free time (instead of doing the homework I should be doing), but Malaysia has just gotten so hot even being in the kitchen with 2 fans on still made me sweat.
I had some leftover lemon curd from when I made my Lemon Macarons, so naturally I tried to think of something to make with lemon curd so it wouldn’t go to waste when we went back to Vietnam. I scoured the good ol’ internet for ways to use up lemon curd, but the majority of websites just recommended putting it on scones or sandwiching it in between cakes – I couldn’t be bothered to spend hours in that hot kitchen making layers of cakes so I could use up the lemon curd! I wanted something where I just had to add the lemon curd and the throw it in the oven – easy.
Then it hit me.
Muffins. So versatile and easy. I made some super simple vanilla muffins, place a little lemon curd in between and it brought those simple muffins to the NEXT LEVEL.
Aaaand, as an added bonus, they couldn’t be easier!
- 225g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 125g plain yoghurt
- 125ml whole milk
- 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled (if using salted omit salt from recipe)
- 150g lemon curd
- Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases. Preheat the oven to 180◦C
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine and aerate
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, yoghurt, whole milk, and butter
- Pour into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined
- Spoon about 1 ½ tbsp of mixture into each case and top with a generous 1 tbsp of lemon curd. Add a final ½ tbsp of batter and gently spread to cover the lemon curd
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
*Tastes best still warm*
How do you use up your leftover lemon curd? Let me know in the comments below!